Hello! Welcome to the XCRI wiki.
The XCRI Project is funded from 2007 to 2008 by JISC to support the development and adoption of the XCRI specification, providing this wiki (and associated website, forums, mailing list and blog) and the time of people to support the work involved. This team has the responsibility to ensure that at the end of the funding period all XCRI specifications work is transferred to an open specification process.
 Working areas
For details on the elements in all namespaces applicable to XCRI-CAP 1.2 please see the XCRI Course Advertising Profile v1.2: Specification
Currently we have the following work areas:
- XCRI Course Advertising Profile v1.2: Best Practice
- XCRI Course Advertising Profile v1.2: RDF vocabulary
- XCRI Course Advertising Profile v1.2: Extras Notes and other "stuff" that relates to XCRI CAP 1.2
- XCRI Course Advertising Profile v1.2: Terms
- XCRI Course Advertising Profile v1.2: Updates
- XCRI Qualification Information Model Information on qualifications as a standalone specification
- XCRI Course Advertising Profile v1.2: Requirements and design goals
- XCRI Course Advertising Profile v1.2: Specification
- XCRI Course Advertising Profile v1.2: Fix List Fixes to be made for 1.2 final release
- XCRI Course Advertising Profile v1.1
- XIM - XCRI Implementation Models
For a list of XCRI feeds out in the wild, take a look at the XCRI Feeds page.
 Code and Examples for XCRI-CAP 1.1
- For code, tools and examples see this page
- Also check out the Quickstart Guide
- Transforming XHTML text into formatted plain text
- Example of an XCRI-CAP 1.1 web service (Open University data)
- Sample SQL Server 2005 code for generating XCRI XML from a simplified relational course database
- Sample XSLT code for transforming XCRI CAP 1.1 into X3D for data visualisation purposes
- Sample XSLT code for transforming XCRI CAP 1.1 into HTML web pages
 Code and Examples for XCRI-CAP 1.2
- Sample SQL Server 2008 code for building an XCRI-CAP-1.2-compatible relational database
- Populating the sample SQL Server 2008 XCRI-CAP-1.2-compatible relational database
- Sample SQL Server 2008 code for extracting XCRI CAP 1.2 XML from a relational database
- Sample ASP.NET code to take XCRI CAP 1.2 XML from database and publish it as a web feed
- Sample XSLT and ASP.NET code to create web pages from your course feed
- Sample ASP.NET and XSLT code to server both XHTML web pages and XCRI CAP 1.2 XML from a single course discovery page
 XCRI projects
There are a number of projects that have implemented XCRI.
Go to Project Reports for more information on the JISC funded mini-projects from 2010
Go to http://www.xcri.co.uk/the-xcri-capital-programme.html for information in the JISC funded Course Data Programme 2011-2013.